We are approaching an exciting growth phase in our business and are looking for a Business Development Associate, ESG, to join our high performing team. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated self-starter who is interested in working to build a business from ground-up, and to develop a knowledge base about ESG reporting frameworks.
The ESG Business Development Associate will be responsible for assisting in the growth of the newly established BoardRoom ESG sustainability reporting unit through business development activities, sales, and account management in Australia and Asia.
The extensive BoardRoom client base and networks of the highly successful business development team present an excellent opportunity and provide an amazing career opportunity to the right candidate.
We embrace innovation and learning and a career at BoardRoom will be challenging yet rewarding. We offer a collaborative and fun culture with numerous employee benefits and social events throughout the year. If you’re motivated, passionate, ambitious, up for a challenge, and solution focused, we’d love to hear from you.
To implement ESG unit’s business plan to achieve revenue targets:
- Promotion of ESG products to a range of businesses including large multinational corporations, fund managers, consultants as well as NGOs.
- Seek out potential new clients, build relationships and turn leads into opportunities.
- Contact leads and attend prospect meetings, with the intent to secure new business and raise awareness of our products and services.
- Provide a turn-key service from lead, proposal and to eventual client contract signing.
- Demonstration of our technology platform to prospective clients.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Account management and maintenance of client relationships by providing support and guidance, and development.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to develop marketing strategies and manage administrative processes.
- Work closely with senior leadership to executive growth and business strategies.
- Stay up to date on ESG industry developments in order to credibly engage with clients, and to provide feedback for new opportunities.
- Coordination and production of company’s own Sustainability Report.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Keen interest and understanding of sustainability technology solutions and major ESG frameworks (GRI, TCFD, VRF etc.), knowledge of the industry and players.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in software sales or business development, with demonstrated success in driving revenues.
- Proven ability to build business relationships and trust.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Analytical, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Results oriented and highly organized.
- Strong collaboration skills and possess a team player mindset.