Boardroom’s internship is designed to provide exposure to tertiary students on the skills and knowledge required in their potential career pathways. Besides real time work exposure, interns will gain insights into the corporate world. This will enable interns to make decisions on their preferred future employment. Interns will get the opportunity to improve their computer skills alongside, especially on the essential applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook. Interns will also be exposed to other software programmes utilised by the Company for specific job functions.
The technical knowledge and skills learnt in our various Departments are summarized below. This will give interns an indication of daily responsibilities in the specific department in which they complete their internship.
- Assist with general ledger requirements.
- Receive and process invoices and prepare cheques for payments, handle daily disbursements promptly.
- Undertake collection process entailing monitoring payment delinquency and issuing notices and appropriate reporting, processing credit notes and reconciling client disputes (if any).
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the processes of Finance department (Accounts Payable, bank reconciliation, treasury etc).
- Assist with preparation of onboarding materials as well as recruitment and selection process.
- Coordinating and organising the company’s HR policies and procedures.
- Compile employment due diligence.
- Updating of employee database.
- Supporting the new Learning & Development initiatives.
- Department admin support.
- Assist Share Registry Services department with existing programming and development projects.
- Assist with the database management, web and software development, testing, implementation, user follow-up, support, and project management.
- Develop End-User Developed Application (EUDA) to facilitate the automation of processes.
- Provide adhoc support and carry out any other duties / projects that may from time to time be assigned.
- Assist in preparation of full set of accounts and present customized financial reports with the aid of accounting software.
- Assist in preparation of statutory accounts, in compliance with Singapore Financial Reporting Standards.
- Assist in preparation of GST returns for clients and ensure all filing is done in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist in retrieving and providing documents, files and information for auditors and tax agents on behalf of clients.
- Assist in administering client’s payroll, using payroll software, and other expense disbursements and prepare Forms IR8A, IR8S and related appendices.
- Assist with ad-hoc administrative matters.
- Basic office work such as copying, filing and legal research.
- Attend meetings and take notes for department head in attendance.
- Transcribe, proofread, and file legal documents.
Share Registration / Employee Share Plan
- Process corporate actions, transfers, replacement cheques / certificates, proxy votes, and any other Client / Shareholders’ instructions.
- Attend to stakeholders’ enquiries and process all submitted documents relating to SRS, ensuring that problems, errors and omissions are escalated and dealt with immediately in the most appropriate manner.
- Organising, maintaining, handling, and filing all related documentation and correspondence.
- Support administration task of Employee Share Plan to our customers.
- Assist in the provision of company secretarial support services to corporate clients.
- Assist in the preparation of relevant documents relating to secretarial matters such as Annual General Meetings; transfer of shares; changes in board of directors; increase in share capital; changes in bank signatories, etc.
- Opportunity to attend meetings e.g. Board, AGMs, Shareholders, Committees and other relevant meetings (for observation).
- Assist in the compilation of board papers.
- Research and develop knowledge of Companies Act, Listing Requirements, Malaysian Code on Corporate Governance and other relevant Securities Commission guidelines.
- Draft or prepare correspondences such as emails, letters, circulars, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of resolutions, minutes, statutory records and filling into relevant source / file.
- Provide other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Department.