Senior Manager / Manager, PayrollAPPLY NOW
- Own and manage a book of client business. Manage and perform day-to-day payroll operations and ensure all communications with clients are supported by e-mails, outlining agreed action steps, responsibilities and deadlines.
- Responsible for ensuring that commitment to clients is followed up in a timely manner, that the clients are satisfied and to continually engage with clients.
- Provide excellent customer service ensuring clients receive prompt responses to requests and queries.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of existing and potential clients, their industry, and key contacts.
- Responsible for overall client servicing of the book of business and be accountable for any jobs lost due to controllable reasons, e.g. poor client service.
- Perform high-level review and provide value-add to the work to be submitted to clients.
- Maintain good client relationship with a KPI of meeting a minimum of 2 key clients a month, in order to assess customer satisfaction for possible improvements and identify possible expansion of services.
- Review fee and propose fee adjustments where appropriate.
- Meet prospective clients and prepare fee proposals, including follow-through until the job is accepted or rejected.
- Perform variance analysis on the financial performances / payroll movements of the clients.
- Participate in the preparation of budgets and monthly forecasts and comparison with previous budget/forecasts.
- Oversee credit control and prompt collection of debts for respective portfolio of clients. Work with Finance to follow up on outstanding and doubtful debts.
- Ensure prompt Billing and own responsibility for WIP. Perform finalisation of WIP cost and be prepared to be answerable for write-offs.
- Liaise with the bankers on banking facilities and related matters.
- Formulate and review accounting processes / policies that apply throughout the department. Identify and recommend improvements to current policies & procedures, processes and client servicing arrangements in line with current business and regulatory practices.
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of new or revised systems, procedures and records.
- Assist with strategic planning and development of business unit’s performance. Develop and implement quality management strategies and plans (including resource, systems, timescales and financials) for the department’s annual business plans.
- Provide and organise formal training that can be used for the unit’s staff.
- Invest time into training staff to enable them to carry out their roles effectively and efficiently.
- Proactive in staff recruitment, mentoring, development and career path planning.
- Provide staff with regular feedback and evaluation.
- Add value at Managers’ / HODs meetings and assist in following up on assigned actionable items in a timely manner.
- Provide up to date and accurate management reporting and attend management meetings on regular basis.
- Work with IT on new IT initiatives for innovation and to improve productivity. Oversee projects, e.g. development of software, programs etc.
- Undertake a new initiative with HR, IT, Business Development, Training or projects involving work improvements.
- Be a team player and provide leave cover for fellow team members.
- Attend a minimum of 20 hours training a year in both technical and soft skills.
- Be flexible and adaptable in working styles
- Pro-active manner, willing to offer new suggestions and share knowledge
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Willing to take on duties outside of job specification
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to work both in a team environment and independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organised, detailed and deadline oriented
- More than 10 years relevant and related payroll working experience