Malaysia’s Withholding Tax Policy – Implications For Your Business
Malaysian businesses with cross-border transactions involving foreign service providers and non-residents are required to comply with local withholding tax requirements. Failure to account for tax payments stipulated by the Inland Revenue Board (LHDN) will result in hefty penalties.
At this webinar, our tax experts spoke on:
- Overview of withholding tax (WHT) regime
- Different types of WHT
- Contract fee, royalty fee and service fee
- Rental of movable property
- Gains or profits under Section 4(f) of the Income Tax Act 1967 (ITA 1967)
- Payments made to the resident agent
- Withholding tax and service tax on imported taxable services
- Consequences of non-compliance
Contact us if you need further information on Malaysia’s withholding regime.