This Privacy Statement sets out how Boardroom Corporate Services Sdn. Bhd., Boardroom Business Solutions Sdn. Bhd., Boardroom Share Registrars Sdn. Bhd. and Malaysian Issuing House Sdn. Bhd. (collectively “Boardroom Malaysia”, “us”, “we” or “our”) handle any personal data that you give us in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) and the laws of Malaysia.
1. Collection of Data
Boardroom Malaysia is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and provide you with the best possible service. We may collect personal data, including but not limited to:
- your contact information, such as your name, passport or other identification numbers, mailing addresses, email address, network data, telephone numbers, shareholding details, security holding or plan participation details and balances, bank account details, tax file numbers, dates of birth and email addresses, employment details and such information regarding your identity (“Personal Data”), for the provision of or in relation to the Services provided by Boardroom Malaysia; and
- information required to be collected in compliance with Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorism Financing and Proceeds of Unlawful Activities Act 2001 (“AMLATFPUAA”), AML/CFT Sector 5 Policy (for Designated Non-Financial Business Professions [DNFBPs]) issued by Bank Negara Malaysia, Communications and Multimedia Act 1998 and such other laws and regulations as may be applicable from time to time.
If you provide us with Personal Data relating to a third party, by submitting such information to us, you are deemed to have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes. You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, not misleading and up to date. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the services that you have requested.
2. Use of Data
Under PDPA, Boardroom Malaysia is primarily defined as a data user and/or a data processor. By submitting Personal Data to us and/or using our services, you agree and consent to be bound by the terms of this Privacy Statement that your Personal Data may be disclosed for processing to any of the countries where we operate or interface with insofar as may be legally permitted. This Privacy Statement supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consent you may have previously provided to us in respect of your Personal Data, and your consent herein are additional to any rights which we may have at law to collect, use and/or disclose your Personal Data.
We are committed to ensuring that your Personal Data, whether stored electronically or in paper form, is secure. In order to prevent against risks of loss, destruction, duplication, use, modification, unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the Personal Data we collect online. These include, but are not limited to:
- restricting access to Personal Data to the authorized and designated officers of Boardroom Malaysia. Those individuals who need to have access to the Personal Data are required to maintain the confidentiality of such information by executing a declaration to that effect;
- having regular Personal Data housekeeping in terms of retention periods for and classification of Personal Data for legal and business requirements; and
- removing and destroying documents and/or purging databases containing your Personal Data, or removing the means by which your Personal Data can be associated with you as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for which the Personal Data was provided to us is no longer being served by such retention, and retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
When requested by one of Boardroom Malaysia’s clients, a related party of Boardroom, wherever situated (including in Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, and China), may use Personal Data collected by Boardroom Malaysia to assist Boardroom Malaysia in providing Services to Boardroom Malaysia’s client which made the request.
When you browse our Site, you generally do so anonymously save for the cookies. We do not, at our Site, automatically collect Personal Data unless you provide such information.
Cookies are a small text file that our website may place on your computer and collect information such as your internal protocol address, your computer operating system, browser type and traffic patterns. You may adjust your internal browser to disable cookies or to inform you when one is being used. If you choose to disable cookies, you may be unable to access certain areas of this Site.
4. Rights to access and update / amend your personal data
Under PDPA, you may contact Boardroom Malaysia’s Data Protection Officer for the purposes of:
- withdrawal of any consent or deemed consent given by you;
- right of access to correct and/or update Personal Data provided by you; or
- any questions or feedback relating to our administration of your Personal Data or our Privacy Statement.
We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct your personal data within 21 days from the date of receipt of your written request. If we are unable to resolve the matter within that time, we will contact you to let you know how long it will take to resolve the complaint.
Please note that if your Personal Data was provided to us by a third party, you should contact that organization or individual to make such queries, complaints, and access and correction requests to us on your behalf.
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. Please check back regularly for updated information on the handling of your Personal Data. This Privacy Statement and your use of this Site shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Malaysia.
6. Contact information
Should you have queries or concerns in relation to this Privacy Statement, please contact our Data Protection Officer during office hours (between 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. from Mondays to Fridays) at the following contact points:
Attention: Data Protection Officer
Address: 12th Floor, Menara Symphony, No. 5, Jalan Prof. Khoo Kay Kim, Seksyen 13,
46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Tel. number: +6 03 – 7890 4800
Fax number: +6 03 – 7890 4650
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org