COMPANY SECRETARIAL SERVICES
Behind Every Successful Business Is a Supportive Company Secretary
As a leading corporate provider of professional company secretarial service in Malaysia to both private and listed companies. BoardRoom is playing its part to keep your business aligned with the Malaysian government’s focus to elevate corporate governance regulations and issues to international standards.
BoardRoom’s suite of services covers a full range of company secretarial services that will see businesses through new company formation, registration and incorporation matters in Malaysia, to the requirements of corporate secretarial work and registered office facilities. We fully understand the importance of maintaining a smooth workflow within your company. Our secretarial services strive to ensure that your company’s time and performance is fully maximised by handling your administrative processes, corporate compliance and more, so you can concentrate on the bigger ideas.
From incorporating a multibillion-dollar enterprise corporation to keeping it running seamlessly, our comprehensive range of corporate secretarial services are designed to help with all compliance and regulatory matters in Malaysia. This way, you can stay focused on running your business with complete peace of mind.
01BoardRoom’s suite of Corporate Secretarial and Company Secretary services
- Maintaining statutory records and filing of annual returns
- Attend board and shareholders’ meetings and recording of minutes
- Preparation of board and shareholders’ resolution
- Representative offices registration and renewal
- Capital reduction, capital increment, share consolidation and division, share transfer exercises etc.
- Restructuring, members’ voluntary liquidation, striking-off of companies and cessation of branch
- Initial Public Offering solutions – Preparing the company for IPO, including pre and post IPO training for directors
- Advisory relating to Securities Commission guidelines & Listing Requirements of the Malaysian Stock Exchange (BURSA) and Malaysian Code on Corporate Governance
- Crisis management solutions concerning Board/shareholders disputes/tussles
- Copywriting/Reviewing of Chairman’s Statement, Management Discussion & Analysis, Corporate Governance Statement etc. in the annual report of public-listed companies
- Offer advice and assist on annual statutory and regulatory compliance obligations in Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, China, and Australia
02Company Registration, Incorporation and setting up of new companies in Malaysia
- Extensive advisory services for new company registration and incorporation in Malaysia
- Incorporation and registration services for public and private limited companies, enterprises, trust bodies & non-profit organisations in Malaysia
- Registration of foreign companies or representative / setting up a branch office for your company in Malaysia
- Help with new company registration and company incorporation in other Asia-Pacific regions such as Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia etc
As a leading service provider in Malaysia, our professional secretarial services will take your business to the next level. Our experienced team of company secretaries across Malaysia, will meet your needs and obligations in the most timely and effective manner, eliminating any risks of fines, regulatory investigations and more. If you have any enquiries about our secretarial services, contact us anytime and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Why Choose BoardRoom?
Because we help take your business further, faster, at all stages
BoardRoom is Asia-Pacific’s leader in Corporate and Advisory Services including Regional Employee Plan Services, Regional Payroll Services, Corporate Secretarial Services, Share Registry Services, Accounting and Taxation Services, Payroll Outsourcing, and Human Resource Outsourcing.
For over 50 years, we have supported companies in navigating through complex operational and regulatory policies and cultural sensibilities. We are well-positioned in Asia-Pacific with offices in Singapore, Australia, China, Hong Kong, and Malaysia, as well as an extensive partner network throughout Asia.
BoardRoom is the partner of choice for many Fortune 500 multinational companies, public listed and privately owned enterprises.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What are company secretarial services?
Company secretarial services include everything from incorporating and registering your new company to developing company constitutions, amending company resolutions, setting up of bank accounts and more. The ultimate goal of company secretarial services is to keep your company compliant with all local regulatory requirements so you can focus on growth without worries of non-compliance.
2. What are the duties of a company secretary?
Ensuring the effective and efficient administration of a business, company secretaries work directly with you to ensure your business follows good corporate governance practices and is compliant with statutory obligations.
Our company secretaries will help you with:
- Keeping statutory books and records organised
- Safekeeping company legal documents
- Hosting meetings between directors and shareholders
- Organising and filing all documents required by law on time
- Guaranteeing that your company meets all the necessary statutory obligations.
3. Is it mandatory to appoint a company secretary?
In Malaysia, under the Companies Act (2016), all registered companies are required to have at least one licensed company secretary. The appointment of a company secretary must also be completed within 30 days from the date of incorporation of a company.
4. What are the benefits of outsourcing company secretarial services?
Outsourcing company secretarial services offers several benefits. For businesses that do not need a full time in-house secretary, outsourcing offers a way to save costs while ensuring all secretarial responsibilities are handled by seasoned professionals. By doing this, you free up more time for your employees and gain access to advice and solutions from experienced company secretary professionals.
5. How do I incorporate and register a company in Malaysia?
Setting up a company in Malaysia can be a simple or complex task, depending on the structure of your company and whether you get professional assistance along the way.
Some of the things you must do when incorporating and registering a business in Malaysia include:
- Choosing the company type, name, business activities and structure
- Appointing a director and company secretary
- Minimum paid-up capital of RM1 only
- Minimum of one director who is at least 18 years of age and residing in Malaysia
- Open a company bank account
- Obtain all necessary permits, licenses, and certifications
- Adopt a company constitution
Many of these tasks can be time consuming and troublesome, especially when you have a business to get off the ground. Working with professionals like BoardRoom will take care of the registration so that you can devote your time to strategic planning, marketing, operations and financing.
6. What are the costs to set up a company in Malaysia?
The cost of setting up a company in Malaysia will depend on the type of business you intend to run, and how many other additional matters you need to consider. The Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM) has a table of fees that can be found here. There may be other fees to consider when setting up a company in Malaysia, such as professional services like company secretaries, relocation visas and more.
Get in touch with BoardRoom’s incorporation experts for a full array of services and more information regarding your specific case.
7. Can a foreigner register a company in Malaysia?
The Company Commission of Malaysia (CCM) dictates that foreigners can only set up a Private Limited by Shares company – in Malaysia, this is known as Sendirian Berhad (Sdn Bhd).
8. Why should you choose BoardRoom as your preferred company secretarial provider?
When setting up a company in Malaysia, it is important that you engage the services of the correct team to assist you. BoardRoom has a team of qualified professionals to see to your needs for the incorporation of your Malaysian company.
With over 3,000 clients ranging from public listed firms, multinationals, and privately-owned enterprises, BoardRoom is currently the largest corporate services provider in Malaysia. Our team of experienced company secretaries will be able to meet your needs and obligations in the most timely and effective manner, eliminating any risk of fines, regulatory investigations and more. If you have any enquiries about our secretarial services, contact us anytime and we will get back to you as soon as we can.