TAX ADVISORY SERVICES
Count on BoardRoom’s Corporate Tax Experts to Keep Your Business Compliant
Though pertinent for every business, tax regulations, cross-border tax matters and corporate tax filing remains a complicated and evergreen issue. BoardRoom’s team of dedicated Tax services experts ensures that when it comes to corporate tax preparation and requirements, your businesses stay compliant with tax filing regulations and submission deadlines.
BoardRoom understands that tax reporting is unavoidable in almost every aspect of any business. We offer a full scope of corporate tax filing services, tax audit and tax consultancy services to help prevent your business from unexpected losses due to misunderstanding requirements, regulation or accidentally missing deadlines.
As one of Malaysia’s top service providers, our tax advisory services ensure that you can confidently handle any tax issues your business may face with all the information you need. Our team of experts will help you identify any tax risks and find solutions to mitigate them, helping your business avoid any unnecessary losses. All the while making sure you are meeting all deadlines and staying compliant with regulations.
01 Tax Compliance and Tax Filing Services Across Malaysia
(provided in conjunction with Registered Tax Agents under the Malaysia Income Tax Act 1967)
- Preparing and filing of Sales and Service Tax (SST) Returns
- Preparing and filing of Corporate Tax, Indirect Tax, Digital Tax, Partnership Tax Returns
- Employer tax return filing service
- Personal income tax filing service
- Tax clearance service for foreigners
- Withholding tax return service
- Country-by-country reporting (CBCR) notification service
- Provisional tax computation service
- Imported tax service
- Tax audit, desk audit, field audit and tax investigation service
02 Tax Advisory Services
- Advising on Sales and Service Tax (SST)
- Advising on Effective Tax Structuring/Restructuring Solutions for Clients
- Advising on Tax Implications relating to Cross-Border Transactions
- Advising on Tax efficient employment packages
- Assisting with Tax Investigation and Audit Cases*
- Conducting Tax Due Diligence Work
* provided in conjunction with Registered Tax Agents under the Malaysia Income Tax Act, 1967
03 Other Outsourced Tax Services
- Registration and de-registration of Sales and Service Tax (SST)
- Registration of tax reference number
- Registration of employer number
- Application of tax incentives (eg. Pioneer status, Investment Tax Allowance, MSC Status)
- Real Properties Gains Tax
- Reinvestment Allowance review
- Application for certificate of residence
Take your business to the next level with BoardRoom’s expert tax consultancy services today. Our team of specialists are ready to help you with any issues or concerns regarding your company’s taxes. Don’t hesitate to send us your enquiry, and a member of our team will get in contact with you as soon as possible.
Why Choose BoardRoom?
Because we help take your business further, faster, at all stages
BoardRoom is Asia-Pacific’s leader in Corporate and Advisory Services including Regional Employee Plan Services, Regional Payroll Services, Corporate Secretarial Services, Share Registry Services, Accounting and Taxation Services, Payroll Outsourcing, and Human Resource Outsourcing.
For over 50 years, we have supported companies in navigating through complex operational and regulatory policies and cultural sensibilities. We are well-positioned in Asia-Pacific with offices in Singapore, Australia, China, Hong Kong, and Malaysia, as well as an extensive partner network throughout Asia.
BoardRoom is the partner of choice for many Fortune 500 multinational companies, public listed and privately owned enterprises.
1. What are the types of tax services in Malaysia?
As a business in Malaysia, you have a wide range of tax services available to you to streamline your processes and ensure complete compliance. At BoardRoom, we offer tax compliance and filing services as well as advisory services, registration and de-registration of Sales and Service Tax (SST), plus much more.
2. What is the corporate tax rate in Malaysia?
In Malaysia, corporate tax rates operate on a two-tiered system. With effect from year of assessment (YA) 2020, local small and medium enterprise (SME) with share capital valued at MYR2.5 million or less and their gross income from a source or sources consisting of a business is not more than RM50 million for the relevant YA, SME are able to enjoy preferential tax rates of 17% on the first MYR 600,000 of income and 24% for anything over that. Whereas for non-SMEs, the company would be taxed at 24% on its taxable income.
3. What does a tax advisor do?
Tax advisors are trained professionals who can offer advice to your company on how to reduce the amount of tax owed whilst staying compliant with all local regulations. Tax advisory services at BoardRoom include advice on SST, strategies for tax restructuring, tax due diligence work, and much more.
4. Why is tax compliance important?
Staying tax compliant is vital for all businesses in Malaysia. Failing to do so can result in harsh penalties for your business or complete cessation. A strategic tax plan can ensure you minimise the amount of tax needed to pay while remaining compliant. This way, you have more capital to work with and can devise a growth plan for your company.
5. What is the difference between tax planning and tax compliance?
Tax compliance is a basic requirement for all businesses in Malaysia. In short, it means your business is paying all the taxes necessary to avoid running into issues with the Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia.
Tax planning is a more strategic process in which your business looks for ways to legally minimise the amount of tax needed to be paid. Tax planning can be done in-house, or by enlisting the help of seasoned professionals like those at BoardRoom.
6. What are tax filing services in Malaysia?
Our tax filing services include everything from preparing and filing SST returns, corporate tax, indirect tax, digital tax, partnership tax returns, and more. Allowing a third-party business to handle your tax filing services frees up time for you to focus on matters that need your direct attention.
7. What are tax advisory services in Malaysia?
Tax advisory services refer to the strategies that can be devised in order to reduce the amount of tax needed to be paid while staying compliant with all regulations in Malaysia. To do this, advisory services may include restructuring plans, due diligence work, and more.
8. How can BoardRoom help in taxation services?
BoardRoom has the experience and tools necessary to help your business successfully navigate the world of tax. Through our tax planning strategies and advisory work, we can help you stay 100% compliant and on the road to success.
Get in touch with us to learn more about our tax services.