CORPORATE SECRETARIAL & ADVISORY SERVICES
BoardRoom Doesn’t Just Get Your Business Off The Ground. We’re Committed To Seeing It Soar.
BoardRoom’s team of corporate secretary services experts is with you and your company every step of the way. From incorporating your new company to keeping it in-check and compliant with legal regulations in the years that follow, our company secretarial services are designed with the needs of our Singaporean customers in mind. Our deep local expertise and longstanding connections within APAC’s regulatory and governmental environment have made us the partner of choice for major multi-nationals, small private firms, and everything in between.
01 Corporate Secretarial Services In Singapore
From regulatory reporting to corporate advisory services, we help companies, big and small, handle their legal compliance both locally in Singapore and internationally with our corporate secretarial services. Whether you’re a start-up, growing private company or a multi-national firm looking to establish your presence in Singapore and abroad, we can help you seamlessly run a business in Singapore.
Some of our core secretarial services include but are not limited to:
- Advice and application of employment and residency passes, dependant passes, and permanent residency
- Provision of Nominee Director services
- Provision of Authorised Representative (for foreign companies)
- Provision of Named Company Secretary
- Provision of Local Registered office or correspondence address
- Incorporation of private limited and public companies in accordance with the Singapore Companies Act
- Foreign company registration in other Asia-Pacific regions such as Malaysia, Hong Kong, China and Australia, etc.
- Advisory on other corporate secretarial services in Singapore
02 Governance and Regulatory Compliance Reporting
We help companies stay compliant with every aspect of business regulation in Singapore and across Asia-Pacific. We can:
- Offer advice and assist on annual statutory and regulatory compliance obligations in Singapore, Australia, Hong Kong, China, and Malaysia
- Provide secure and proper maintenance of statutory registers, minute books and company records
- Deliver effective and timely reporting to relevant statutory authorities and regulatory bodies of any alterations or corporate structures changes to your company
- Provide advice and assistance on reporting and compliance requirements relating to the stock exchanges of Singapore (SGX), Malaysia (BURSA), Hong Kong (HKEX), China (SSE), and Australia (ASX)
- Prepare board and shareholders’ resolutions
- Attendance at board and shareholder meetings and subsequent preparation of minutes of said meeting
- Advise, preparation and review of Corporate Governance reports forming part of Annual Report
- Advise, preparation and lodgement of Annual Returns and other requisite filings with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority of Singapore (ACRA)
- Advise, preparation and release of company announcements on the Singapore Stock Exchange (SGX).
03 Company Cessation and Business Liquidation Service
Closing down your business doesn’t have to be a hassle. We offer advice and assistance with the following:
- Deregistration of company
- Striking-off a local or foreign company
- Winding-up or liquidation of company
- Voluntary liquidation of company
04 Other Corporate Secretarial Services
- Acting as filing and process agents
- Know-your-clients (“KYC”) services to provide independent assessment of KYC obligations
Corporate secretarial services are a part of every successful business in Singapore. Bring to your company the expertise it needs to excel and succeed in the modern economy. If you have any additional questions about our corporate secretarial services, don’t hesitate to leave us a message. We will respond to your enquiry as soon as possible.
Why Choose BoardRoom?
Because we help take your business further, faster, at all stages
BoardRoom is Asia-Pacific’s leader in Corporate and Advisory Services including Regional Employee Plan Services, Regional Payroll Services, Corporate Secretarial Services, Share Registry Services, Accounting and Taxation Services, Payroll Outsourcing, and Human Resource Outsourcing.
For over 50 years, we have supported companies in navigating through complex operational and regulatory policies and cultural sensibilities. We are well-positioned in Asia-Pacific with offices in Singapore, Australia, China, Hong Kong, and Malaysia, as well as an extensive partner network throughout Asia.
BoardRoom is the partner of choice for many Fortune 500 multinational companies, public listed and privately owned enterprises.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What are corporate secretarial services?
Corporate Secretarial services cover a broad range of categories, ranging from incorporation and registration of a new company to the development of company constitutions and amendments to company resolutions. In short, corporate secretarial services helps to keep your company in check and compliant with local regulations.
2. Are companies incorporated in Singapore required to appoint a company secretary?
All companies that are incorporated in Singapore are required by law to appoint a company secretary within six months from its incorporation date.
Please visit the link for more information on the setting up of company and appointing directors and company secretary.
3. Why should I outsource company secretarial services?
Most businesses in Singapore do not need a full-time secretary, so by outsourcing the role you will be able to save costs while ensuring that your secretarial responsibilities are still being handled by experienced professionals who assist you with compliance and provide practical solutions.
4. How do I incorporate a company in Singapore?
Incorporating or registering a business in Singapore can be a relatively straightforward process. However, the degree of complexity will largely depend on your company structure and intention.
You will need to make decisions on the following:
- Company Name
- Type of Business Activity
- Appointing Directors, Company Secretary and Other Key Personnel
- Share Structure
- Registered Office Address
- Financial Year End
For these reasons and more, many companies choose to outsource their company registration to a firm like BoardRoom.
5. How do I close a company in Singapore?
Essentially, you may close a company by, among others, applying for it to be struck off or liquidating it by way of a member’s voluntary winding up.
We would like to direct you to our article “Closing down a company in Singapore? Here are the three options you have” which is published on our website for fuller details.
6. How to start a company in Singapore for foreigners?
Foreigners can open a company in Singapore almost as easily as a Singapore resident can with minor differences. It is important to note that foreigners must appoint a local Singaporean director and work closely with a registered filing agent to register their company.
Another challenge is in setting it up correctly – especially as a foreigner without any understanding of the tax and legal systems. This is why many foreigners who set up a business in Singapore choose to do so with the help of a corporate secretarial firm, like BoardRoom.
7. What is the role of a company secretary?
The company secretary is appointed by the board of directors of a company. A company secretary is an officer of a company who is responsible for ensuring that companies comply with the relevant statutory obligations and good corporate governance is observed.
The principal roles of a company secretary are as follows:
- maintaining the statutory books and records
- safekeeping the company’s legal documents
- convening meetings of directors and shareholders
- lodge and file in time all necessary documents required by law
- ensure that the company meets all its statutory and regulatory obligations
8. Why is BoardRoom the preferred corporate secretarial agent?
Professional corporate secretarial services dispensed by BoardRoom can help you navigate the challenges and changes by alleviating your administrative burden, thereby allowing you to focus on the running of your business.
By working hand-in-hand with your other advisers, our professional team will be by your side at every step of the way to deliver sound and practical guidance, allowing you to focus on your operations and potential opportunities. As market leaders in this area, we have streamlined processes that allow us to prepare corporate documents and incorporate entities quickly, efficiently and seamlessly.
Should you require any further information or if you wish to incorporate a company and would like further advice, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.