SHARE REGISTRY SERVICES
We're Setting the Gold Standard in Shareholder Care.
We are the market leader in share registry services, helping to guide companies through their IPOs, from executing shareholder meetings, running proxy votes and scrutineering to serving as a share registrar. As a leading share registrar in Singapore, we keenly understand that no one share registry solution fits all businesses. As a result, we deliver tailor-made solutions that enable you to efficiently and conveniently manage your share registry without hassle or concern.
When working with us, we’ll provide exceptional service as your share registrar. We have a team of client service managers that will guide you through what strategies will work best for your specific case, as well as maintain a smooth and worry-free service.
01 Experience world-class customer care, strict attention to detail and commitment in the areas of:
- Maintenance of Share Registers and other share registrar services, Listed Securities, Bonds & Warrants Transfers for Listed and Unlisted Public Companies
- Assist in shareholders share and securities registration and issuing of share certificates
- Corporate actions including dividend reinvestment plan, rights issue, share placement, share allocation
- Shareholder management and communications including mailing of annual reports, circulars, appendices
- Wealth & dividends distribution support and transfer for scrip holders
- Administration of Long-Term Incentive Plans
- Recognised schemes or Sub-Transfer Agency
- Initial Public Offering (IPO) services including IPO application, IPO subscriptions and IPO administration
02 Physical, Hybrid and Virtual AGMs/EGMs Meeting Services
- Shareholders’ meeting services covering physical, hybrid and virtual AGM/EGM meetings
- Shareholder analytics and proxy forms processing
- Preparation and project management covering venue booking and logistics for Annual General Meetings (AGMs) & Extraordinary General Meetings (EGMs)
04 Scrutineer Services
- Independent scrutineer during Annual General Meetings (AGMs) & Extraordinary General Meetings (EGMs)
05 We Are Experts Locally & Regionally In Share Registry Services
Trusted by over 50% of SGX Listed Companies, partnering with BoardRoom offers you:
- Expert assistance in inbound overseas companies
- Extensive regional expertise in SGX, HKEX, ASX and BURSA stock exchange compliance
- Dedicated client service teams in Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Malaysia, Australia
Our goal as a share registrar for your company in Singapore is to provide the comprehensive suite of benefits listed above. Whether you need scrutineering services, help with IPO applications and administration or more, BoardRoom is ready to help modernise and advance your company with our share registrar team.
Have any questions about using BoardRoom as your share registrar in Singapore? Drop us a message or enquiry and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Why Choose BoardRoom?
Because we help take your business further, faster, at all stages
BoardRoom is Asia-Pacific’s leader in Corporate and Advisory Services including Regional Employee Plan Services, Regional Payroll Services, Corporate Secretarial Services, Share Registry Services, Accounting and Taxation Services, Payroll Outsourcing, and Human Resource Outsourcing.
For over 50 years, we have supported companies in navigating through complex operational and regulatory policies and cultural sensibilities. We are well-positioned in Asia-Pacific with offices in Singapore, Australia, China, Hong Kong, and Malaysia, as well as an extensive partner network throughout Asia.
BoardRoom is the partner of choice for many Fortune 500 multinational companies, public listed and privately owned enterprises.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is a share registrar?
A share registrar is responsible for maintaining an up-to-date record of who owns securities issued by a company. In a broad sense, registrars are the record keepers. A share registrar will have to comply with all the necessary legal requirements, including the Companies Act.
2. How does share registry services work?
Share registrar services should generally include guiding companies through their IPOs, executing shareholder meetings, preparing proxy summary reports, providing distribution support.
Our experience has shown us that no single share registry solution fits all types of businesses. Because of that we always help our clients create bespoke solutions to help their unique situations.
3. What services does a share registrar offer?
While services will vary from registrar to registrar, below are some of the more typical services you can expect to find:
- IPO analysis and guidance
- Helping execute traditional, hybrid or virtual AGMs
- Running proxy votes and providing proxy summary reports
- Maintenance of registers, processing transfers, safe keeping of seals and issuing share certificates
- Support in all corporate actions like dividend distribution, placement, mergers & acquisition, rights issue, cash offers etc
- Shareholder communication
4. Why do I need a share registrar?
Publicly listed and privately-owned companies are required to keep an accurate record of their shareholders and the shares they own by law. The company must manage this data in the form of a register or listing. So, share registrars are hired to manage and maintain this register, thus reducing the strain on clients’ internal resources. This up-to-date register becomes a value-added tool for shareholder communications – to invite them for AGMs, to pay out dividends etc.
5. When should I engage a share registrar in my initial public offering (IPO)?
A share registrar should be engaged before lodgement of preliminary prospectus for Mainboard listings and before lodgement of preliminary offer documents for Catalist listings.
A share registrar being familiar with the IPO process will piece together the many important pieces and considerations in preparing your company for IPO.
6. How is an annual general meeting (AGM) conducted?
An Annual General Meeting (AGM) is a mandatory yearly meeting that all Singapore companies need to hold to update their shareholders on the company’s business health. The company will present the financial statements to the shareholders, and shareholders are then given the opportunity to raise queries on the company’s financial performance. Shareholders get to vote at an AGM and make important decisions for the company such as the appointment of a director, or the removal of a director. AGMs can be run physically, where shareholders attend a physical venue or virtually through a live stream.
7. Do I need a vendor to run my annual general meeting (AGM)?
While it is possible to run your own annual general meeting, it can be costly and cumbersome, which is why most businesses choose to hire a vendor.
A vendor will provide companies with a fast, seamless and secure service. They will provide external technical support during and before the meeting ensuring that any technical issues can be resolved promptly.
8. How can BoardRoom help in share registry services?
BoardRoom is APAC’s market leader in share registry services. We understand that every business is different and will require a tailored solution. If your business needs a vendor to help with IPO’s, running proxy votes, executive shareholder meetings, and more, then reach out to us today. We have a team of client service managers that will guide you through what works best for you.